Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Artistic Temperament...NOT!

Since I haven't posted anything in a relatively long time, you might be inspired to recall G.K. Chesterton's magnificent essay "On the Wit of Whistler." What is happening to the poster during his absence of posts? Is he fairly exploding with unexpressible artistic impulses, just like the minor poet? Or is he simply not being visited by his muse and is being an ordinary person?

The answer is neither. I am being visited by the muse, but the idea is so big that it is takes a long sitting to get out, and time is going through a recession for me right now. This one will be only temporary, as I do not practice inflation or bailouts.

3 comments:

Ancient Greek Philosopher said...

So what is the artistic temperament? You've got me hooked now!!!

Old Fashioned Liberal said...

Read "On the Wit of Whistler" from "Heretics" by G.K. Chesterton to find out. If i tried to tell you, I would mangle it.

Ancient Greek Philosopher said...

You always refer me to books (grumble grumble grumble).