Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bossy Evan's Vision for this Venture

First of all, some notes on blogging for those of you new to this. After you arrive at this blog, you should see a spot at the top of the screen that says 'New Post'. This is where you write the articles, which I will get to in a minute. There is also an option under each post. If you click on 'comments' at the bottom of the post, you will be taken to a screen where you may type comments (surprise surprise) on the selected article. One last housekeeping note. If you click on where your own blogger's name appears in the comments box (after you write a comment, of course) you will be taken to your personal profile. You may tell us about yourself. Personally, I think this would be very helpful, as although I know all the people who have been invited, I don't always know which false name goes with which real person. (I think Rockstar Wannabe is Gus Henebry, but I don't know for sure, for example. And most of you probably don't know who Pulchritudo Musicae is, unless she edited her profile.)
And now for the blog itself. It is my bossy vision that this could encompass the study of aesthetics. I hope to have an Aesthetics Encyclopedia; articles on what is good, true, beautiful, artistic, et cetera; concrete ways that artists can make their art in their respective media beautiful; art criticism; original works (if you can figure out how to put in a painting or a musical piece et cetera); and other related things that I have forgotten. Of course, you may put in your random thoughts, too (cows are cool), and what you liked, didn't like, or thought especially true or false in other people's posts. God Bless!

No comments: